Friday, June 10, 2011

Big Band Era Card

Hello there, My sister-in-law made this request : "I would like a special card for my step-mom, who is over the top, has fond memories of the big band era, and dancing..."

I initially started off making a poodle skirt, and it was kinda cute, but then I saw this embossed paper, and thought how cool to cut it up, and use it as folds for a skirt....I used a beautiful fabric on the front of the card, which I felt reflected the movement of the skirt. I used a polka dot ribbon, a pattern used a lot in that era, and I made a gate-fold style to link it up to Top Tip Tuesday .But I am worried the front looks too much like a wedding card....What do you think ? 




These are the curtains and lights ...


This is the inside; collage style...




This is saxophone music...


And this is the little envelope/purse to tuck it in...I rarely make my envelopes out of fabric, but I love my sister-in-law very much, and she loves her step-mom, so a little extra treat for them... I do love making them....lots of nice buttons, lace handle and my shabby chic flowers with the scraps....



6 comments:

  1. Gisele
    Honestly, you have blown me away. This is going to be a ramble so you will have to excuse me.
    The handcut skirt is exquisite and tell me, did you draw the couple? It doesn't matter if they are from paper, drawn or stamped, fabulous. Your eye and attention to detail is second to none. It certainly doesn't strike me as resembling a wedding card, that is my opinion for what it counts.
    Then the inside of the card - you take cardmaking to the higest level and as for the envelope/pocket well I know just how special they are.
    Everyone, your sister-in-law, her mum and anyone who sees this will flip out.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    (I will be contact soon with a chatty e-mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So much detail - and not one thought of a Wedding at all!!!!!! LOVE IT!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'More Than 1 Fold' Challenge.
    Good Luck!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I go to bed ( it's already late....Almost 2 AM...) I had to write a comment on your blog. I have to catch up :)
    But this...OMG.....this is a treasure. A keepsake; filled with beauty. That's what I love about everything you create. All those fabulous and stunning details. And your flowers are breathtaking.
    It's good to be here again; always pure beauty to look at and I am so so happy that I got one of your fabulous creations!

    Love and hugs,
    Stella
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW lot of work went into this! Great Job! thanks for playing Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope to see you again! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've made a beautiful, thoughtful card and it doesn't remind me of a wedding at all:) just LOVE the little purse/envie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card! So unique and classic!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love your comments...