Sunday, January 9, 2011

"L'envol créatif"


hello there, hope your Sunday is going well...One of my resolutions was to step out of my comfort zone of cardmaking, and make a mixed media wall hanging....I received this gorgeous feather as a x-mas present, and wanted to give it a canvas to express itself on...I painted my canvas all black, then used a Prima mask to apply my red paint...I inked and border punched (MS double loop all around the page )a paper (gifted)I found very pleasing for its unusual color and great texture. I cut out some wings from the Bo Bunny, Gypsy paper, inked the edges. Added a lace ( gifted to me by my lovely brother Paul)to the bottom of this, as well as the complete left side of the canvas. I used various beads and buttons ( the big orange ones came from a bracelet I no longer wore, the others were gifted to me) to make a hanging charm.
I took a K. and Co. border paper and heat embossed it with the Tim Holtz distressed powder, which I love because it makes the embellishment look vintagy and gives a grungy texture. I really love the outcome of it and gave it to my hubby as an early Valentines gift.(I could'nt keep it from him any longer than a few hours...I am very childish that way LOL).....He loved it...Yeah....

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this is gorgeous and your story is precious--love just couldn't wait...isn't that romantic?
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks so much Cindy; your comments are filling me with joy ! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love your comments...