Friday, July 8, 2011

Wedding Card

My niece, who is 25,  is going to 3 weddings this summer, all couples in their late twenties; kind of nice to see that youngings ;-) still believe in the forever and ever. This card is for a couple she describes as very athletic, who both love the outdoors. I am linking to Top Tip Challenge , the theme is wedding or anniversary

I really had the best of intentions to write "Congrats" on the top of the card, but when I got to that point, it just didn't work. Tell me if you understand....

I wanted to use soft, neutral colors ; I choose this paper because I felt it looked like sand ( or snow)...and I find it romantic and calming...


Glimmer misted my lace to make it darker..


Isn't this button gorgeous ? I added this beautiful stone to represent nature....The side is papier maché with inka-gold (I am addicted to this stuff, I cant stop using it everywhere !!!).

The paper was sprayed with gold glimmer mist ; emphasizing the sand effect....Is this all in my mind, or do you guys see some of these stories I have in my head LOL...


The inside left...


This is the envelope...


6 comments:

  1. Gisèle you've outdone yourself. That piece of lace looks like an ornate of an old Roman building; wow. So many stunning details; your creativity has no limits and I am in awe....
    The front, inside and the tag......out of this world beautiful. I love it!
    Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!
    Love and hugs,
    Stella
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gisele, where do I start with my comment.
    First - do I get it, yes I do. Even before I read the text I completely got the fact it has a feel of sand or snow and the stone, I knew that represented nature and the outdoors. This is what I so love about art, it is the stories that unfold and what always makes that special is coming across likeminded artists who understand the story.
    That tag is scrumptious, a gift in itself.
    I say not to add the congratulations but that is only my view. When I made the recent wedding card, I personally would not have added the couple's initials but it was requested that I do so and even though I wasn't paid, I didn't want to go against the person's wishes.
    You amaze me, you really do. There is no doubt that the happy couple will never receive another card at this level.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's truly a card that shows you took the time to compliment the couple on who they are and since you have the beautiful sentiment DP on the inside, there is no need for a sentiment on the outside...it's perfect!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Wedding/Anniversary challenge. :)
    Happy stamping...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully unique card - so much thought and work... stunning!

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Wedding or Anniversary' challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sparkle and thoughtful use of materials. Sentiments are not always necessary. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic something really different, thanks or playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love your comments...