Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beautiful Roses...

is the Challenge over at the Shabby Tea Room...When I saw this gorgeous inspirational photo, I knew right away what I was going to use as my focal point....don't you love when that happens...and the colors we must use are pink, aqua and neutrals....so gorgeous...

    My best friend sent me this as a birthday card; it is handmade with wool.  I fell in love with it, but wanted to enhance it, since it was on a  plain white background, with no dimensions, so I made a wall hanging... I had mini roses and a little round button that matched perfectly...



I did a lot of distressing and sewing, using Tattered Rose as my ink,  some Prima papers, the Butterfly garden papers (which is the only paper I hoard LOL ). the pearls are used to hang...


Dont you love this button...ummm Yummy....




Have a shabbylicious week my lovelies....xoxoxo



9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home spun at it''s best. Sch a lovely way to create a birthday card and even better...to receive it:)
    Brilliant idea to use it and display it in a wall hanger; gorgeous!
    Hugs!
    Stella
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gisele
    This piece is just so truly gorgeous. I love the colours and the coloured fleece and the way you have assembled and collaged it so nicely. It is not unlike what I have in my journal currently on my post where I used my embellisher and dyed silk tops.
    I do hope you are feeling much better lately.
    My love and thoughts,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning piece and so perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. elle est sublime
    que des bravosssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicate piece Gisèle, love the soft tones and nice text!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful piece Gisele.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I love the wool, it's a wonderful idea and yes, the button is yummy! The piece of paper at the bottom it perfect. I love it, you are such a wonderful artist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you enhanced this piece Gisele! It has been a while since I visited, I see you have my favorite piece of yours as your blog header...gorgeous!! Hugs!! Great piece for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love your comments...