Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Winter Scene"






Hello, here is todays card...I wanted, for the first time, to make a card with a bit of a distressed look....which is something that does not come naturally to me. As this will probably be my last x-mas card, I also wanted to incorporate some new elements, and not think too much about it all...
So I tore up some papers, distressed my edges, crinkled up the snow section, and created a background representing snow, hills and sky...I made some trees, one out of wool, the two others out of paper, one I crinkled and added white MS glitter, the other i made layers and used my scalloped border punch; for both I inked the edges and sides and added bling ( much more sparkly in person. )I added one of my favorite ribbon to seperate snow and hills, made some stick pins, and added another ribbon...
I kind of like it....I dont have any fancy machines, so I make a lot of the elements myself.
I had a few frustrating days; it is hard to make cards while sitting up in bed, but with my head rested all the time, and very little working space...
So, I am going to change the energy around, and go on to making boxes, or cards that are not x-mas related....I am grateful everyday for the ability to create....
I dont know where I would be if I was not able....Hugs....

2 comments:

  1. These cards are so excellent--do you sell these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, Thank you so much. I sell them $5 a piece (Canadian $), plus the actual shipping cost...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Oh, how I love your comments...